Mt. Isa

Mt. Isa

Sunday, September 9, 2012

August 21


Hey family,

Thanks for the email everyone it was been good to hear from you. Sorry for the lateness of the email.  This week was, once again, our Temple week. It was a long week but it’s good because it has gone pretty fast. I loved the pictures of the fish (from the hiking trip).  Far out, those are some big fish. I can see how those would feed five of you. I reckon that was a great trip, it looks like beautiful landscapes. The news of all the old youth from the ward is funny. To hear that Alex (Key), Spencer (Key) and Bruce (Otteson) are all back and doing well, I can’t wait to catch up with them. Amberlea (Key) and Melanie (Turner) are engaged! lol. That is great. Good for them.  You should have taken some picture but I can’t really talk.  Hope the shift (to BYU) goes well Colin, you look good.  It is good to know you got your passport all worked out. Now I guess it’s just the visa right?

This week has been busy. We've been doing a good deal of finding which isn't the most effective but it has filled the time in. We've also had some good lessons with a couple of our investigators. We have this one guy that is an alcoholic and a lifetime investigator that we visit once a week or so. He's interesting. Anyways, he goes to an addiction recovery group and two of the members that go to that group got his information and went over to his house and did a kind of intervention. Anyways in the course of their "intervention" (paraphrasing: they did something dodgy...).  I wasn't too happy about that situation. It has led to a bit of drama. People and investigators give me headaches I have to say.

It’s getting warmer and before long we'll be into summer. I'm not looking forward to the heat but on the other hand I sure you're looking forward to the cool weather. The Temple trip was good today as always.  It was a bit hard to focus and all though there was a good spirit there. It might be the last time I get to go since the Temple will be closing for a month in October. It will be good to have the whole family there when Colin goes through the Temple. That will be a great experience for everyone.




Uhmmmm Colin why do you want a torch? What kind of torch (flashlight) do you want me to get you? Working on our Aussie slag are we? Good luck.  (Actually, Colin was referring to Kiefer passing him a symbolic torch…like the Olympics…as Kiefer leaves and Colin goes to Australia.  I didn’t get it either…Colin had to explain it to me. –the Mom)

Yeah that’s my week. Times are interesting. Thanks for all your support you give me. Love you very much. Have a great week. Talk to you next Monday.

Elder Hatch

No comments:

Post a Comment