Mt. Isa

Mt. Isa

Tuesday, August 14, 2012

August 14, 2012


Hey everyone,

Thanks for the emails. They’re great as always. I do enjoy them. It sounds as if thing have been very busy for you and that Colin’s mission prep is going well too. The pictures of the hike look pretty cool dad I have to say. It sounds like it was a great trip. The terrain looks beautiful.  Too bad the fishing wasn't better

Congratz again Colin!  I can hardly believe you will be coming here. It has been cool to tell the members that you'll be coming here as well.  Keep studying your Scriptures and Preach My Gospel and preparing yourself.  You know that though... I’m excited for you.  

This last week has been pretty good. It has gone by fast which was good. We had a family that was shifting in the Ward that we had to help and some other service with our investigator that helped to move things along too. That was great. This last weekend we had deep clean which, as you know, I love.  It was good to get the flat all cleaned out. Transfers have been crazy as they normally are. My companion and one of the other missionaries in our flat got transferred which was sad, once again change comes upon us. I wish I could have killed Elder Sin off, but sadly I won’t get to. The funny thing is he's gone into a small area full of Polynesians in a 3-way with two Samoans that are huge.  Elder Sin is a short Asian. It was a big joke at transfers. My companion now is very green and is fresh from Fiji. He's a big built guy. It’s kind of intimidating to say the least.  It will be a trying transfer I reckon. It will be interesting. He's not a greeny but he's only been out 3 month so he's still very much in Island mode and I’m his first palangi (white) companion.  It will be an experience for both of us. We have another greeny coming into the flat to be trained so life is going to change in the flat to be sure. As always please keep me in your prayers as I know you do. I'm very grateful for the support that you give me and for you great examples to me too. I can’t say thank you enough. 

We went fishing this week.  We went to the ocean and fished off a boat dock.  We caught a heap of little fish. We didn't throw them back but just chucked them in a bucket. Over here they have really big pelicans and a couple of them were flying around close.  We got one's attention and it came down. As we caught a fish, we’d take it off the line and then throw the fish right into the pelican’s mouth. It was a fun sight to see and fun to do. I wish I would have gotten some pictures but I didn't have my camera on me. It was cool and was a fun experience.

Thanks for everything again. I miss you all heaps. Love you much and will talk to you next week.

Elder Hatch

No comments:

Post a Comment