Mt. Isa

Mt. Isa

Thursday, October 4, 2012

October 1, 2012


Hey Everyone,

It has been a busy week with transfers but we're into another one and it will go fast I hope. Thinks are good here. Elder Lao is the man and it been fun. He's been out for about 13 month and knows what he's doing. It has been good serving with him. It’s funny because all the members and nonmembers think that he can't speak English and so when they find out he can actually speak English and is from California they kind of don’t know what to say or do… lol. It’s funny really but kind of sad.

The flat is good we all get along really and there were no changes to the other companionship so it’s been fun. It will be a good place to end the mission companion wise. It’s been getting warmer but with the warm weather has also come the rain as well   It has just been cloudy really, and we haven't got soaked too much. That has been a blessing. 

Good to hear you staying busy dad. Sound like you'll be really getting into the home repairs which will be fun. I wish I could help knock out the fireplace too. You have been planning on doing that for years. It will be weird to come home and everything will be way different. All good I guess, change is the in thing these day. It will be fun.

I didn't get my flight plans (note from the Mom, we received his final return itinerary earlier in the week) but your right I think it would make me trunky. I should get the plans the week before I go home, so at the end of October or the beginning of November. It will be good. Other than that, there is not much else to discuss. I'm completely running out of things to talk about.

Oh, so the last 5 months I've been in this area I haven't told the member how long I've been out and just let them assume what they will. Now I'm going to have to tell them as we go through the next transfer. The Members don’t really like it when missionaries leave the area and they learn after the fact that they've gone home. Honestly though, I reckon they've been through so many Elders that they can’t be bothered but still. That makes for a trunky experience. I feel bad for my companion. I'm the 3rd missionary that he will be killing off. I'm going to work through to the end and try not to make it too hard for him. He's good.

I hope all is going well Colin. Look up AFL, Rugby League, and Rugby Union on utube. The finals for AFL and League were on this weekend and everyone was watching, which made the work difficult but we managed all the same. Anyways they're the games that are really big here in Australia and you might find it interesting just look it up. It’s pretty different. Thanks for the emails, sorry this is all over the place. Let me know if I can get anything for you. Love you all heaps. Thanks for the support. Until next week…

Elder Hatch 

No comments:

Post a Comment