Mt. Isa

Mt. Isa

Monday, October 8, 2012

October 7, 2012



Hey Family,

It has been good to read your emails. I’m glad to hear the renovations are going well but it sounds like it been a lot of work for you. It will be good to help out when I get home. At least that will keep me busy and occupied. The General Conference news was exciting to hear (change in age requirements for Missionary service). We got the news in church on Sunday; the Bishopric made an announcement. That was cool to hear. I liked the little picture with the "amazed" missionaries. It looks pretty funny. I can only imagine that the photographer was just waiting for that moment. I'm looking forward to Conference. It will be fun.

This week it has gotten hot. It has not been fun. It was 35 Celsius (95 Fahrenheit) the last 3 days but now it’s cloudy and rainy now. Summer is coming and it’s not that nice. It’s been hot. Today it’s looking like rain but the Zone has planned to go over near the coast and have a BBQ. Hopefully I'm be able to do a little fishing while were over there. It’s been a couple of months since I've gotten to go fishing and today seems like a good day for it. That will be good.

The work is moving forward. We're working on going through our lists of former investigators in our area book to see if any are interested in starting up the lessons again and to get back into things. We found one lady that was interested which was good so we're hopeful. Other than that not a whole lot going on. This coming week we have Zone Conference and then General Conference. It will be busy but will be fun I'm sure. Later this afternoon we're going Home Teaching with one the crazy High Priests in the Ward. I just hope the families we go to see are home.

As far as the travel agenda goes just wait until the 22nd to send it. I'll get my own travel agenda from the office the week of or something but I don’t need to worry about that for another couple of weeks. Honestly. I'll make sure I have some money set aside for food and luggage though. That shouldn't be a problem at all. It’s exciting to be coming down to the end. It seems very unreal. That’s normal though I reckon. Anything else I need to do or get? My mind is all over the place. Has Colin got all of his travel arrangements and documents done as well? Hope you doing well Colin at Uni. I bet the new change in missionary age has made some waves there (at BYU), lol.

Have a good one we'll talk to you next week. Thanks for everything. Love you heaps. Let me know if I can do anything for you. Later… 

Elder Hatch 

No comments:

Post a Comment