Mt. Isa

Mt. Isa

Friday, October 26, 2012

October 24, 2012


Hey Family,

Good to hear from you. It’s been a long week and it’s good to have the day off to go to the Temple and do what we need to do.  It has been a fast week at times but then slow at other times. I can't really explain it. Guess this is my “mixed mission” feelings kicking in.

The weather has gotten warmer and summer seems to be here. We've been doing heaps of finding and trying to find some new investigators to add to the teaching pool. We've found a couple of good people which has been good. We talk to a crazy lady the other day actually that believed the world would be ending in a couple of weeks. That’s not a weird idea but it was more that she believes that a planet with its own sun and a couple of moons would be entering our solar system soon would end all life on earth. I ask her if the world was ending what she reckoned we should do to prepare ourselves (hoping to get some sort of spiritual response).  She reckoned we should get a helmet, fill it with lead and then go hid in a bunker 30 or 40 feet under the ground. Not quite what I expected but that’s the blessings of tracting for you.  It has been fun. Yesterday I went on my last trade-off and today I went the Brisbane Temple for the last time.  It is a weird feeling and kind a little sad too, of course. 

Thanks for the travel details BTW. As it turns out the Mission Office mailed them to me last Friday. I've been reviewing my fight plan a little bit and trying to figure out how thing will be working. P-day the Last is Monday. As it turns out transfers will actually be next Friday…ha ha. Anyways, it is normally on Tuesday but the President has a Mission President Conference on transfer day so I'll most likely be in limbo between next Friday and when I jump on the plane Wednesday. The mission will find a place for us though. 

General Conference was good. We just watch it Saturday and Sunday the same we do back home. It’s just on video, instead of being live. It was good and I really enjoyed it. We have special training this Friday which will be fun I'm sure. Stake Conference is this week and the rumor going around the Stake it that it will be split soon. Whether it’s at this conference this weekend or if it’s in a couple of weeks in November, regardless it’s pretty exciting all the same.

Alex (Key) sent me an email. It sounds like he's doing pretty well and is enjoying the dating game. It will be fun to see him and everyone else. Love you heaps.  It is good to hear from you. I'll write next Monday. Talk to you soon…

Elder Hatch

No comments:

Post a Comment