Mt. Isa

Mt. Isa

Friday, July 13, 2012

July 11, 2011


Hey,

It has been a long week but I'm glad that it’s P-day again. This last week we've had a “mini missionary” along with us and it was a lot of fun really. It was good to have some variety to things and see the “green” fever without actually having to worry about cultivating that into a living breathing missionary. That was fun. We were sad to see him leave. We didn't get to teach too much when he was with us but that’s all good we still worked hard and found some good people to teach this week. Sorry about not getting to email Monday. The other two missionaries got the list of announcements for the new transfer and then lost them before they even got back to the car so today’s Temple trip today was very much a surprise.  It was all good still and it was a really good experience as always. This time I was the last person to finish the session which was a different experience and it kind of made me think about how the people waiting for their work to be done feel at times.  IDK if that makes any sense but that kind of what I pondered on partially today. It has been really rainy in the last couple of days. Yesterday we were really blessed we went out after lunch and it was pouring rain but before we got too soaked it slowed down and the rest of the day it was just raining lightly.  In the coming week we have a special training and Zone Conference sometime, BUT since we don’t have announcements we have no idea when. We'll see what happens.

Just so you know, I loved Colin's email. It was crack up. This guy!  Enjoy Colin while he's home. It sounds like you are really getting heaps done while he's been there. That’s great. Oh, I'm really excited for you Colin (for completing his Mission papers) if I haven't said so already; predictions (as to where he will be called) anyone?  It is going to be bothering me heaps in the next couple of weeks.  I was just looking at my Mission Call package and the date it was issued was the 1st June. Far out that was a long time ago. Time flies. I'm praying or you Colin. I hope you find things to keep yourself busy and out of trouble. Hope you don’t go to crazy locked up at home all day.



I’m glad Camp Pioneer (Scout camp) was great dad; it seems like many of the years we would go expecting to just get smashed by the heat and humidity but come off good in the end.

This week, my companion and I wanted to take a short cut down a mountain bike track and, to make a long story short we got lost and hiked a huge mountain with our bikes, got a flat tire, and then had to hike down and back to the flat all in 3 or 4 hours’ time.  Far out it was not good but it was a ridiculous experience.  I'll have to tell you more about it later. Good to hear from you. Love you all heap.  Miss you and will talk to you next Monday.

Elder Hatch

No comments:

Post a Comment