Mt. Isa

Mt. Isa

Thursday, June 28, 2012

June 24, 2012

Hey family,

It was good to hear from you. I’m glad to hear the trip has gone well and that things are going well for everyone. Far out, I can’t believe your papers are almost already done Colin.  I'm really excited for you.  It'll be a great experience for you. You'll learn a lot. I hope it isn't too weird being back at home with the Family.  I'm sure it will be good to see your friends.

Hey just got your email Colin! I’m glad you’re doing well.   Don’t worry about your Mission papers taking ages. The turnaround is pretty fast for domestic and most foreign calls you'll be leaving in 2 or 3 month tops. That’s just what I've gathered or I’m guessing more like but whatever. Hang in there. Thanks for the email man.


This last week was another week that was about normal nothing too crazy or out of the blue happening or going on. Tuesday we had a Zone blitz in our area which was nice. It got us heaps of tracting hours and several potential investigators as well to work with in the coming weeks.  Hopefully we'll start teaching someone out of those potentials found. Wednesday we did finding most of the day and contacted potentials and people on the Ward list that we didn't know. It was good. Thursday we did our weekly planning which took a while. Friday we had interviews with Mission President which went well.  My companion is still shook up a bit from the anti-mormon guy so it helped him to talk to the President about it. Plus it was good opportunity for me to talk to the other Missionaries too. The training was good and it was a good motivator to work harder. For dinner we had a Tongan family feeding us and they took us to Hungry Jacks. My Companion and I both got large sized Whoppers with chips and drinks and smashed those.  Then, the next minute they came back with another round of Whoppers and chips and we smashed that round too. It was a lot of food, honestly, and since it was fast food it doesn't sit too well. It is kind of like a challenge, you put that much food in front of me fine I'm going to find a home for it. Lucky we didn't have anything to do after that. Island people just kind of have the mentality of the more the Missionaries eat, the more blessings we receive, which is true I'm sure, to a point. It was fun; we haven't done that in a couple of weeks. 

Saturday we went to a baptism of an 8 year old we've been teaching and which was good and then went on a bit of a road trip to our dinner which was in the bush a bit but turned out to be quite good. It was at a place called Mt. Tambourine North. We're going back up there to a Glow Worm cave and then we might cause trouble somewhere else in the meantime.  I'm thinking about getting a USB powered portable hard drive but not sure if it will happen. I'm looking at a 750 GB one for $89 or a 2T one for $135 but not sure if I'll get to the store before the sale goes off. I'll ponder upon it and see how it goes. It would be mostly for pictures and music so I can back everything up. I see though.  

This Sunday is transfers.  I’m not sure what will happen honestly. I'm hoping our flat doesn't get changed but I'm thinking it will despite the good time. I'll be emailing Tuesday sometime. We'll see how it goes. Elder Sin got his trunky call this last week. The office is setting up his flight details home. Thanks for everything.  Love you very much. Hope you have a great week and have a safe trip to Camp Pioneer (Scout camp). Talk to you next week.

Elder Hatch

No comments:

Post a Comment