Mt. Isa

Mt. Isa

Saturday, May 7, 2011

Week May 2

G'day Family,

Hey sorry I wasn't able to email you last week. We had our p-day, conveniently on a public holiday, moved forward to Tuesday. The library wasn't open that day so we couldn't do e-mails. This Monday and last were both public holidays so our p-days both got moved to Tuesday. I guess, first things first, the reason why I wish we could have emailed last week is that this Sunday probably around 12:30pm or 1pm my time I will be calling home for Mother’s Day. I think that will be around 10 pm (Saturday) your time. I wish I could call earlier but it looks like that's the only time I'd be able to call since church ends at 12pm and all. Have some question and things worked out. I guess I will call mums cell phone first and then we can go from there. Hopefully Dad will be back from CA to talk as well. It's another 8 months until Christmas.
Elder Hatch

(Second of Three emails)

G'day,

Hey the last two weeks have been interesting. (General)Conference was amazing to say the least. The combinations of sessions were just a spiritual feast. I really enjoyed them. I took heaps of notes which I really think helped me to get more out of the talks. It’s one of those things that I've always thought of doing but never got around to.

The Seniors (missionary couple) are ok. I've got to be their driver since they are very uncomfortable with driving on the "wrong" side of the road. It’s been good just to have a car here and there but I'll be honest, they take forever when it comes to shopping and other activities on P-day. We just don't have that much time so today we've ditched them to do emails and do our shopping and other things in town. We'll see how things go. They're both (the Senior Missionaries) on their 2nd marriage but it is their 25th anniversary, so they wanted to get out of the flat. We're going to the local lake to have a lunch or something. None of us have been there before so we'll see how it goes...I'll probably be the one driving there, lol. It'll be good though.

Yes I got the package from Nivla (THANK YOU!) but I had to leave most of the contents in Brisbane with the rest of my gear but I did get it and tell her that I really appreciated it and that it did really mean a lot to me.

It has been getting cooler so it is nice but it’s not cool enough yet to actually need a jumper or something. They say it will get cooler so it'll be good.

Note from the Mom … a jumper? I get this picture in my mind of Kiefer in a sleeveless dress…Jumper is obviously some sort of jacket, sweater, or hoodie



The work is going well we are working hard and trying to keep improving. GTG very soon. Sorry the notes are so short this week. I'll call you this weekend. I’m looking forward to it very much. Love you all and thank you for the uplifting words. Talk to you soon.

Elder Hatch

(Third of Three)

Is BIN LADEN dead?

No comments:

Post a Comment