Mt. Isa

Mt. Isa

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

September 13, 2011

Hey,

It’s Tuesday so yes I've been transferred again, surprisingly. I really wasn't expecting it so when the call came it was a change. We were thinking that Elder Arnold was going but not so, he's training in Warwick which is strange because it’s not really a training area. I was expecting to be there for the next 6 months or something. That’s alright though Elder Arnold is a good missionary and everything will work out all the same. I've been shifted up to the Sunshine Coast to a place called Buderim. I haven't seen much of the area yet but it supposed to be view touristy and on the beach; very beautiful and tropical. I'll do my best to take some pictures and let you know about everything.



Buderim is an urban centre on the Sunshine Coast, Queensland, Australia. It sits on a 180-metre (590 ft) mountain which overlooks the southern Sunshine Coast communities.

http://www.buderim.com/


I'm not really a Senior Comp but a Zone Leader in training. Not really too excited about the whole thing but I'll do my best and keep moving forward. I'm sure you'll hear more about it as the weeks go by. I got your package. I haven't opened it but thank you for it I really appreciate it. My new Comp's a Kiwi (New Zealander) from Hamilton, Elder Ald. He's seems very good and on the ball. I have a lot to learn from him. I don’t know much more about the area but I'll catch on I'm sure.

The baptisms (in Warwick) didn't go through sadly. Earlier in the week we had a lesson with them and they brought their concerns forward. Both had valid concerns that we needed to work through before they can be baptized. It’s sad to see but hopefully they'll keep moving forward and be able to resolve those concerns and move on. I'm sad to leave Warwick but I know the Lord has other things for me to do. I'd grown to love the little town in the middle of nowhere. It was unique and the day to day life is very laid back not to mention the cleaner air and less people. It’s nice. I like it. I'd consider living some place like that I think. IDK though maybe that’s just me in missionary mode. I got a letter from Daniel Molina and Grandma & Grandpa. Tell you about it next week.

Glad to hear you're all doing well and that things are starting to cool a little bit. Some people have said they've been having fires in Texas but it’s hard to tell if people are just saying things without actually knowing what they're talking about. All good though. The Mission President read us an article that President Monson wrote for the Washington Post about the 9/11 attacks which was really good. Other than that not a lot going on...well a lot is going on but I’m just kind of still in the shock and awe mode of being transferred, new area new Comp, Zone Leader and so forth. Not really thinking straight, lol. As you know, I love change. Thanks for the emails everyone. I really appreciate hearing from you. Keep up the hard work. Love you and I'll talk to you next Monday sometime. I think.

Elder Hatch

No comments:

Post a Comment